Accessibility Statement for Living Well in Later Life 8th September 2020
ADL Smartcare Limited is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
ADL Smartcare Limited takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of ADL Platform Beta:
- We include accessibility as part of our mission statement;
- We include accessibility throughout our internal policies;
- We assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
This website is run by ADL Smartcare Limited. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content). We plan to add text alternatives for all images by the 29th of October 2021. When we publish new content we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
Some form buttons do not have a text label, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 3.3.2 (Labels or Instructions). We plan to add text labels for all form buttons by the 29th of October 2021. When we publish new content we’ll make sure our use of form button labels meets accessibility standards.
Some text headings are not in a sequential order. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.10 (Section Headings). We plan to adjust the hierarchy of our headings by the 29th of October 2021. When we publish new content we’ll make sure our use of headings meets accessibility standards.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Living Well in Later Life. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Living Well in Later Life:
- Phone: 0800 612 6845
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Postal address: ADL Smartcare Limited, Digital Campus, 3 Concourse Way, Sheffield City Centre, Sheffield S1 2BJ
Accessibility of Living Well in Later Life relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
ADL Smartcare Limited assessed the accessibility of Living Well in Later Life by the following approaches:
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Chief Operating Officer and Chief Technology Officer